Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Role of a Rose



Digging through a folder with old art I made when I was younger, I found a poem. This was made in 1991 and I even drew a pretty picture on it. So I guess the KHRpack poem wasn't my very first.




                                                            The Role of a Rose


                                 You don't have to send me expensive flowers.
                                 
                                 You don't have to say any inspiring words.


                                 Words that mean more than the precious hours of time,
                                  that slip away timelessly towards another world.


                                  It seems to me in my trembling soul,
                                 when you look me in the eye,
                                 I feel a cry.


                                 A cry that plays an important role,
                                 like the role of a single red rose.


                                 The cry of a precarious crime,
                                 of a stolen heart. 


                                 But only in a matter of time.





No comments:

Post a Comment